Reilly Name History
Reilly Irish Coat of Arms
The name Reilly is an Anglicised form of the Gaelic Ó Raghallaigh and the patronymic form of the Irish name Reilly. The surnames Reilly and O'Reilly are found throughout Ireland, with most residents found in County Cavan, Longford, Meath, Westmeath, Fermanagh and Monaghan, in that order.
In the Reilly coat of arms, the bloody hand symbolizes Faith, Sincerity, and Justice. The motto for the Reilly family is, "With Fortitude and Prudence."
Variant spellings of the Irish surname Reilly include Reilley, Reily, Riely, Rielly, Riley, Rilley and many others.
More details about the Reilly family crest
The Irish Rose carries two items which may provide you with more details about the Reilly family in Ireland, their family crest, and other historical notes.
We also carry Reilly caps, shirts, flags, mugs, etched glassware, and heirloom products. Visit our coat of arms page to see all the items available with the Reilly name and family crest.
Reilly's pubs in Ireland
There are a number of pubs in Ireland named for the Reilly and O'Reilly families.
If you can't visit one of these fine establishments, our personalized pub gifts are the next best thing!
Notable people named Reilly
- Alan Reilly, Irish footballer
- Ben Reilly, fictional comic-book character
- Brandon Reilly, frontman of the band "Nightmare of You"
- Brent Reilly, Australian rules footballer
- Charles Herbert Reilly, English architect
- Charles Nelson Reilly, American actor and director
- David Reilly (singer), American singer
- Dianne Reilly, Australian politician
- Donald Reilly, American cartoonist
- Frank J. Reilly, American illustrator and art educator
- Ike Reilly, American musician
- Jack Reilly (artist), American artist
- Jim Reilly, Irish drummer
- Kelly Reilly, English actress
- Lawrie Reilly, Scottish footballer
- Long John Reilly, American baseball player
- Maggie Reilly, Scottish singer
- Mal Reilly, English rugby league player
- Matthew Reilly, Australian Author
- Mike Reilly (umpire), American baseball umpire
- Paddy Reilly, Irish singer
- Pauline Neura Reilly, Australian author and ornithologist
- Rick Reilly, American sportswriter
- Robert D. Reilly Jr, American rear admiral
- Sean Reilly, Louisiana businessman and former legislatgor
- Sidney Reilly, a Russian-born adventurer and Secret Intelligence Service agent
- Tomás Francisco Reilly (1908-1992), American-born Catholic Bishop of San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic
- William K. Reilly, American company director
There are no products listed under this category.