Quinlan Name History
Quinlan Irish Coat of Arms
The Irish surname Quinlan is the Munster form of the name O'Caondealbhain. The branch of the family which settled in northern Tipperary were known as Quinlan in English. In the 1659 census they were noted as being one of the most numerous families in County Tipperary. The name is now almost confined to Munster, particularly Cork, Limerick and Tipperary.
Learn more about the Quinlan
The Framed Irish Family Name History, (#1760) has more information on the Quinlan surname. There is a wide selection of Quinlan coat of arms products at The Irish Rose. Please visit the Irish Coat of Arms page.
Find a Quinlan's Pub in Ireland
Quinlan's Lounge in Tipperary Town, County Tipperary, is a good place to start your pub crawl.
If you can't visit Quinlan's in person, our personalized pub gifts are the next best thing!
Notable people named Quinlan
- Quinlan (baseball), baseball player
- Anthony Quinlan, English actor
- Arthur Quinlan, Irish journalist
- Bernard Quinlan (1885–1950), Australian cricketer and doctor
- Bernie Quinlan (born 1951), former Australian rules footballer
- Carrie Quinlan, British actress and comedy writer
- Jack Quinlan, American sportscaster
- James Quinlan, Union Army officer during the American Civil War
- Jim Quinlan, American professional basketball player
- Jimmy Quinlan, Canadian lacrosse player
- John Quinlan, Roman Catholic bishop
- Karen Ann Quinlan, important figure in the history of the "right to die" debate in the United States
- Kathleen Quinlan, American actress
- Maeve Quinlan, American actress
- Michael Quinlan (civil servant), British permanent secretary to the Ministry of Defence
- Michael Quinlan (musician), Australian musician
- Michael R. Quinlan, American businessman
- Patrick Quinlan (author), American author and political activist
- Patrick Quinlan (cricketer) (1891–1935), Australian cricketer
- Patrick Quinlan (politician) (died 2001), Irish academic and politician
- Patrick L. Quinlan (1883-1948), Irish-American radical journalist and political activist
- Quinlan Terry, English architect
- Robb Quinlan, former Major League Baseball player
- Ross Quinlan, computer scientist
- Thomas Quinlan (impresario)
- Thomas J. Quinlan, Roman Catholic priest
- Timothy Quinlan, Australian politician
- Tom Quinlan, former Major League Baseball player
- Will J. Quinlan, American artist
There are no products listed under this category.