Healy Name History
Healy Irish Name History
The English-language surname Healy is in used by three separate ancestral lines of people from Ireland.
When Irish people began to anglicise their names, two separate clans adopted the English-language surname of "Healy". There was the Ó hÉilidhe clan from Connaught and the Ó hÉalaighthe clan from Munster.
Many different spellings of the surname exist including Haly, Haley, Haily, Healey, Hely, O'Healey, and O'Haly.
Learn more about the Healy family
The Framed Irish Family Name History, (#1760) has more information on the Healy surname. There is a wide selection of Healy coat of arms products at The Irish Rose. Please visit the Irish Coat of Arms page.
Is there a Healy Pub in Ireland?
There is a Healy Pub in Ireland. If you go, visit Phil Healy's Pub, Wicklow Town, in County Wicklow.
If you can't visit in person, our personalized Healy pub gifts are the next best thing!
Notable people named Healy
- Bernadine Healy (1944–2011), American physician
- Cahir Healy (1877–1970), Irish politician
- Cecil Healy (1881–1918), Australian swimmer
- Colin Healy (b. 1980), Irish footballer
- Dan Healy (soundman), American audio engineer
- Daniel Healy (b. 1974), former Australian rules footballer
- David Healy (astronomer) (b. 1936), American astronomer
- David Healy (footballer) (b. 1979, Northern Irish footballer
- David Healy (psychiatrist), Irish psychiatrist
- Dermot Healy (1947–2014), Irish novelist and playwright
- Don Healy (b. 1936), American footballer
- Eamonn Healy, American chemistry professor
- Eloise Klein Healy, American poet
- Felix Healy (b. 1955), former Northern Irish footballer
- Fran Healy (baseball) (b. 1946), former American baseball player
- Fran Healy (musician) (b. 1973), Scottish musician
- Frank Healy (b. 1962), English guitarist
- George Peter Alexander Healy (1813–1894), American painter
- Gerry Healy (1913–84), Irish Trotskyist activist
- Glenn Healy (b. 1962), former Canadian ice hockey player
- Howard R. Healy (1899–1942), US Navy officer
- Ian Healy (b. 1964), former Australian cricketer
- Jackie Healy-Rae (b. 1931), Irish politician
- James Augustine Healy (1830–1900), African-American Roman Catholic priest
- Jeffrey Healy (1982-Present), Irish Air Corps
- Jeremy Healy (b. 1962), English DJ
- Jerramiah Healy (b. 1950), Mayor of Jersey City
- John Healy (disambiguation), multiple people
- Joseph Healy (1776-1861), American politician
- Joseph D. Healy (1912-1971), American explorer
- Julie Healy, Australian model
- Katherine Healy (b. 1969), American former principal ballerina
- Kieran Healy, Irish sociologist
- Margaret Healy, Irish singer/songwriter
- Matt Healy (b. 1970), Scottish actor
- Matthew Healy (b. 1989), English musician, son of actor Tim Healy
- Michael A. Healy (1839–1904), American seaman
- Michael Healy (statistician) (b. 1923), British statistician
- Pamela Healy (b. 1963), retired American sailor
- Patrick Francis Healy (1830–1910), African-American Jesuit priest
- Randolph Healy (b. 1956), Irish poet and publisher
- Robert W. Healy, city manager of Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Robert Healy (commissioner) (1833–71), Irish-born Chicago official
- Robert Healy (journalist), American political correspondent
- Roy Healy (1915–68), American rocket scientist
- Scott Healy, American musician
- Séamus Healy (b. 1950), Irish politician
- Sean Healy, American artist
- Ted Healy (1896–1937), American vaudeville performer
- Timothy Michael Healy (1855–1931), Irish politician
- Timothy S. Healy (1923–92), former president of Georgetown University
- Tim Healy (b. 1952), English actor
- Tucker Healy, baseball player
- Una Healy (b. 1981), Irish singer with The Saturdays
There are no products listed under this category.